Group Build Day information
Habitat for Humanity Lakeside builds year-round, and we are always looking for groups to help with new construction or repair projects. The construction day runs from 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. The day starts with check-in and is followed by a safety meeting, overview of the home/family, instructions on the task for the day and a prayer. No experience is necessary to volunteer. Habitat provides all of the tools and materials. We also provide water and lunch if you sponsor the day. Non-sponsoring groups are asked to provide lunch for your group and any crew leaders for the day. Click the button below to learn about sponsorship opportunities.
- Scheduling priority for group build days are given to sponsors or groups who do a fundraiser or make a donation to support our construction costs.
- Non-sponsoring groups are still welcome
- Volunteer group sizes can range from 4 -10 individuals
- There may be size restrictions depending on the task for the day
- Tasks or the location for the day may change due to weather or another group getting ahead or behind on work - we appreciate your patience as we communication these changes with you
- If your group is larger than 10 individuals, we can accommodate you in the following ways:
- Schedule more than 1 build day
- Split the group for the day between
- Morning Shift (8:30-12:30)
- Afternoon Shift (11:30-3:30)